Friday, December 11, 2009

The holidays in a social networking world

I've had a little Twitter bird sitting on top of my cubicle nameplate for well over a year now. I like to think of him as my office mascot and he's certainly a good conversation starter too, especially when people briskly pass by, knock him over and then comment on his adorableness before putting him back on his perch.

Anyway, my cubicle recently underwent a full-on holiday decoration transformation, courtesy of editor-in-chief Marianne Wilson. The revamp is especially fitting these days as I've been spending a good portion of time researching how retailers are adding seasonal spirit to their social networking initiatives. Is your company doing anything specific to stand out this season on sites like Twitter of Facebook? Drop me an email (smurphy@lf.com) and share your story!

Happy Holidays from my office to yours!

No comments: